{ Metzgar Family Blog }

-

Monday, January 16

Emma's Art Party

What a great party!
We celebrated Emma turning 7 on Saturday with
an Arts and Crafts Birthday Party!
She loves to craft.
****************************************************************************
*************************************************************************
Front porch welcoming our guest to
Emma's Art Studio.
************************************************************************
Our Party Table!











When the kids started arriving I let them pick an apron and start
at a craft station. I had originally thought that I would have 3 groups of
6 and have them switch in groups all at the same time, but letting them go free
worked much better. A few chose not to do certain crafts and others wanted to
stay longer at their station. Also letting them roam around allowed them to
sit and visit with different friends at each station. We had 16 kids!...AND
you could hear a pin drop at craft time! No joke. I knew it would be like that
when I was planning. Kids love to craft and they were involved in their art!
I hung lots of paper chains in the main craft areas.
I also had a Creation Station set up for the kids
that finished early or just wanted to make their own thing.
It was filled with markers, crayons, colored pencils, glue,
scissors, buttons, tissue paper scraps, felt sticky hearts and
large Popsicle sticks. They actually loved this part of the party.
Quite a few of the kids spent lots of time there just creating!


 

We had a clay station.
Lots of different colors of clay and the
kids could make little creatures, flowers or whatever they dreamed up.
It works well to have some ideas already made for inspiration.
Thanks to my neighbor Tracey for all the clay inspiration!
Emma had previously put everyone's initials on paper plates so they
could keep all their crafts in one spot and take them home easily.


Melty Beads were so popular!
The kids loved. I would recommend having lots of
smaller templates. The larger can take a while to get done.
But some of the girls did great big ones!
Don't forget the iron and the wax paper!
Thanks to my MIL for ironing lots of creations!



The painting station was also a popular one.
What am I saying?
They really loved them all!
I bought small pottery magnets at Joann's dollar section.
2 for $1.
The kids did a great job and they all looked so cute!
(kids and magnets)
I had Emma create some art in printable frames before the party.
And then used painters tape to attach them to the wall.


Self  Portraits
I made a pin the tail on the donkey kind of game only Art party style!
The kids were pinning the green on the paint palette.


Here's  a little free party tip for you:
To make your party run smoother, have the
adhesive already on the back of whatever you are 'pinning'.

I made a six layer rainbow cake and didn't get a picture of the inside!
It was cute.
And very yummy!








This Arts and Crafts Birthday Party was a huge success!


Aprons from Oriental Trading.
Thank YOU to my friend Amanda for taking beautiful picutres!
You can get a paint palette printable HERE to make the game with.
Go HERE for the printable picture frame. Just click and save to your computer.
Unfortunately due to Pinterest (which I love! ) it is sometimes
hard to track back an original idea.
i.e. the rice krispie paint brushes
I would love to give credit where credit is due.
I have all the resources and party ideas pinned.
You can check out my Pinterest boards HERE.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

amanda persinger said...

It was a great party...as always!
Avery said as we were getting in the car "BEST PARTY EVER!" ; )

Unknown said...

I've been searching for ideas for an art party for my girl who is also
turning 7 and I found your blog! It is pretty amazing what you accomplished! It looked like the best party ever indeed. Congrats!

"Enjoy this moment,
For this moment is your life."